The great thing about holidays is the transformation of the ordinary. Christmas pageants transform ordinary folks into Bethlehem villagers.
Lights transform homes into dazzling displays.
Butter, flour and powdered sugar are transformed into something delectable (and even thematic).
It is a time of transformation after all, especially for Christians who celebrate the incarnation of God through the birth of Jesus.
Over the years, I’ve collected photos of the various ways people around the world decorate and celebrate from Ethiopia to England.
So I was especially pleased to see in my inbox today, these holiday-themed photos from hotels in the U.S.A. who are turning the ordinary into the festive. For example, the block-long lobby of the Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans is illuminated by thousands of tiny white lights and silver decked trees.
Look, but don’t eat because this creation will transform the numbers you see when you get on the scale. Executive Pastry Chef Adam Thomas estimated his creation contained about 3.7 million calories.
From Annecy, France where I enjoyed the Christmas Market a few days ago, to a tiny pub in Geneva with a dancing Santa on the bar, to where ever you are, best of the holidays to you.
- Cascade of Failures on Air India Jet, Leads to Close Call at Newark - September 14, 2018
- First Airliner to Disappear is Found – 60 Years Later a Town Remembers - September 12, 2018
- How to Save an Airline Passenger’s Ass in Mexico, Ibiza and Elsewhere - August 1, 2018
- Loss of MH370 Less a Mystery Than Headlines Suggest - July 30, 2018
- Baby Boy Is Silver Lining to Harrowing WestJet Flight - July 10, 2018
- New Book Challenges Finding Of Pilot Error in Famous Near-Disaster - July 9, 2018
- Tiny Seats and Large Air Travelers – the Hazard the FAA Isn’t Talking About - July 3, 2018
- Latest Tesla Fire Must Be Part of Larger Study of Transportation Tech - June 17, 2018
- Safety Report: Westjet Flight Just 3 Seconds from Crashing in St. Maarten - June 4, 2018
- “Bombshell” TV Program on Malaysia 370 Fueled by Alternative Facts - May 17, 2018